UPDATED: TUESDAY, MARCH 17
2 Timothy 1:7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.
Dear ORBC Family,
Yesterday President Trump announced that we are entering a critical phase against the fight of this corona virus pandemic. Gathering sizes have been dramatically reduced in an effort to control the spread of this virus. For this reason, through the rest of the month of March, ORBC will be going to a strictly online presence through our church Facebook Live page. We will maintain our regularly scheduled services, but we will not meet as a congregation. This decision will have the following effects:
· Beginning Wednesday, March 18th at 7 PM you can join us online for a one-hour service. We will have a challenge from our new study, The Gospel in Hard Times, followed by a time of prayer. I encourage you to make this a time of family prayer. You can submit requests online.
- We will not have Kids4Truth or The Oak Teen service (which includes no Summit)
- Pastor Joe & Pastor Jeremy will post videos on the church Facebook page of lessons for K4T and The Oak Teens.
· On Sundays we will have a 9:45 AM Sunday School lesson followed by a fully-developed service at 11 AM of singing, prayer, Scripture reading, special music, and the sermon. We will do the same for the 6 PM evening service. Pastor Bobby & Pastor Joe will be coordinating these efforts.
· Giving. You may mail your regular giving to the church or drop it off at the church building during the week. You are welcome to use our online giving option through our website, but please remember we incur a 2.5% fee for every transaction.
· Ridley/Morrison Wedding. We ask that immediate family only attend the wedding scheduled for Saturday afternoon. We will broadcast the wedding through Facebook Live for our church family and guests who are unable to attend.
· Our set-up for internet is less than desirable because of our location. If the broadcast is dropped on Facebook Live, please reload the video. These services can be accessed through this link: https://www.facebook.com/pg/orbc4u/videos/
· At the end of the month we will review the situation with the recommendations of the federal and local government.
· During this time of being unable to meet, please check in with one another. I encourage each of you to make 2-3 contacts daily. Please report any needs to the pastoral staff and deacons.
As believers, we have a unique opportunity to reflect the light of the Gospel to people that are in sheer panic. Apart from Christ there is much in which to fear. Because of God's providence and the good news of the Gospel, we can be at our best. Praying that there is a distinct difference in us as Christians during this time. The pastoral staff and church leadership love you very much. We thank God for the opportunity to be a part of this same body as a local congregation.
With much love and confidence in our Savior,